Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A New Leaf

I've been meaning to blog everyday since we've returned from our honeymoon, but obviously, have failed to do so. I have too much to blog about, but I'm torn between what I want to blog about. And torn between where I want my blog to go. What started solely as a running blog became a random update site on my new experiences living halfway across the country from friends and family. And frankly, I think my mom is the only family member who even reads it! Thanks mom, love ya.

So I'm looking to do something different with this blog.

Maybe change the name. Definitely change the look at some point. Blog more frequently for sure. Maybe focus on blogging about more varied, intimate details of my daily life.

I read A LOT of blogs out there, so I have a tremendous amount of inspiration (which also shows me where i'm seriously lacking in having an interesting blog).

I keep up on my friends' blogs, wedding blogs, design blogs, photography, travel, culinary, spiritual, financial.....it's funny how my blogrolls have grown as my life has changed. I read only a couple running blogs now and have started reading more food and finance blogs as an attempt to be a good wife and set up a budget for our family.

But I'm first and foremost drawn to the wedding and design blogs b/c I consider that a form of research for work.

Yes, if I didn't officially previously mention it, I quit my 9-5 job at an ad agency to pursue my passion of having my own customized stationery design business. So I'm not sure if that's where I'll take this blog right now, or start a new one specifically for that, but I'm thinking all these things through while I get back into the groove of blogging about my new married life.

stay tuned....

2 comments:

tessarh said...

katie,
i think it is awesome that you are doing this! you are such an inspiration. good luck on your future endeavors.

Unknown said...

I quit my job, too, to be a full-time mum! I love reading your blog...I thought about doing something with stationery too but glycerine soaps and gritty body scrubs to sell at farmer's market (maybe?) are also calling my name.

Cheers!