Monday, July 31, 2006

One point Six Four miles

I think i had said i'd planned on running 1.06 miles on Saturday....well, i blew that goal away!!!! i mean, really, i ran about 50% more than i'd anticipated. super duper!! except that, i only ran 1.6 miles, not like it was 20 miles or anything. but still. 1.6 miles and it felt relatively good.


i (somehow) managed to wake up at 5:30 and met the team for the 6am run. My San Diego teammate, chica who helped me through miles 10-12 of the marathon, and all-around cool gal Courtney showed up and i was so excited to see her and run with her once again. it was a scheduled 16 miles for everyone else...1.06 for me :)


"Katie, you're limping."
"Huh? no. no i'm not." but yes, i actually was. and i didn't even notice it. i mean, my leg didn't hurt or anything, i think my body was just a little off-kilter.


So i continued my slightly limping run with her, catching up on the latest happenins', meeting other familiar faces who were coming in to finish their first 8 (it feels REALLY great to be running along and have all these people shout "yeah, Katie!!" when they realize you're back out on the morning runs) and then i said 'adios, keep it up' a little past mile 1 and headed back to where we'd started.


sticky, icky.
i know you've read other blogs describing the insane temperatures and humidity, so i won't even talk about that since running less than 2 miles in it is nothing compared to 8 or 16 or even training for the Ironman (way to go Kevin). but, i don't usually sweat much and by the time i'd stopped at 1.6 and started walking the rest of the way, i was soppy. (i think that's a word)


and yes, it is 1.6, not 1.5. because at this point in my recovery, every single tenth of a mile counts. it might've even been 1.64..... overall, i felt great while running. my knee just hurt once i started walking and got back to the car. it was still a little stiff the rest of the day.


so this week, Mr. Two Miles is my new prey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think his first name is Two. And I'm a little scared your new prey is my cat.

Kevin said...

Every tenth of a mile counts. Heck, I even thing they should measure marathons in tenths of miles.

Imagine, "I am running 262/10 of a mile today".

That sounds even more impressive.

Keep up the good work.

Josh Dysart said...

YEAHHHH...welcome back Katie!

walchka said...

You're right, every bit counts. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Cricket!! I'm so proud of you. :)