Wednesday, July 12, 2006

oh where, oh where has katie been?

here, there, and everywhere.


First off, i apologize for my blogging absence. it appears to me, that without running in my life, i have become uninspired. but since people keep hounding about posting a blog, i realized that i'm not the only one who cares about me. good to know!

so now i am back in the blogging world. and while i've been gone, here's what has happened:

1. 10 days ago, i bid farewell to my crutches and my aircast. that's right, after 28 days of clamoring around and making people my personal servants, i set myself free. they're currently collecting dust in the corner of my bedroom, and if anyone ever needs to borrow them, i will rent them out for $5 a week.
i have been walking relatively pain free since then and doing some light biking, swimming and walking. mark these days on your calendar, folks: July 25 i will make my celebrated return to the softball field. ok, so i'm probably the only one who will be celebrating, but still...... July 29 i will lace up my running shoes, slap on my Garmin and jog away. ok, so i'll probably only go less than or equal to 1/2 mile, but this is a huge deal for me.

2. hmmm...what else have i been doing?? working, celebrating my 24th bday, laying by the pool, enjoying the Prairie Village waterslides, went home to visit the family for the 4th, and spent a much needed vacation in Seattle with Seattle Boy.
that trip was my main motivation to rid myself of the crutches. although they would have garnered me a pre-boarding privilege, i never would've been able to enjoy the trip to its fullest. Seattle is a lot hillier than i had envisioned and we did quite a bit of walking downtown and around Bainbridge Island.
it is certain that i would've beat someone up due to frustration and pain had i been on crutches. it is certain that someone would've been Seattle Boy.
the only bad apart about the trip was that the weekend i visited, there was a half marathon and marathon taking place only a few miles from where we were. http://www.seafairmarathon.com/ had i been healthy, i would've entered, but i was forced to sit this one out.
ho-hum.....maybe next year.







17 days until i run.

4 comments:

KT said...

Yay for your scheduled return! That's such a good feeling to have that in the forseeable future, I can totally relate.

walchka said...

Glad to hear you are completely back on your feet. Just a few more days and you'll be off to the races again. woot woot

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that if you had been on crutches we wouldn't have walked around as much and parked much closer to the places we did go.

But I'm not sure how the crutches would have fit in the tiny car.

Stephanie said...

Cute as ever! I wondered were you were off to. Welcome back!