Tuesday, November 28, 2006

'Tis the Season

At Last,the Holiday Season is upon us! I've been waiting about 330 days for this. It's my favorite time of year and it pretty much took all my energy to wait until after Thanksgiving to put up Christmas decorations and turn on the Christmas carols.

Thanksgiving was a bit odd for me this year. It was the first time in 24 years where I wasn't home with my family on Thanksgiving morning, and it was sad. Instead, good ol' Josh and I decided to meet up that morning and go for a run in the awesome autumn weather. What was supposed to be eight miles ended up being six, thanks to stupid me, who ate only a half hour before i ran and had some tummy issues. Nonetheless, the six miles went great and i earned myself a guilt-free conscience for eating T-Day dinner.

The Todd flew in that afternoon and we spent the evening at his parents' house for dinner and cards (which i was totally awesome at). Friday was an early 2 hour drive home to my parents' house for family Thanksgiving, and introducing Todd to small town Kansas Holiday Festivities. It was great to be home (despite the fact that i got booted out of my room to the pullout couch in the basement- oh, the sacrifices one makes...), but time flew by too fast and we headed back to KC on Saturday since he had to fly out that afternoon.

My running was put to the side this past weekend, but i have still managed to make it to the gym at 5:45 am to do some cross training. yeah for me. Perhaps i'll take advantage of this last day of nice weather and go for a run before the winter chill moves in until March.

As Clark Griswold so eloquently stated, "Tis the Season to be Merry"

2 comments:

walchka said...

Sounds like a good holiday weekend. Christmas Vacation is such a good movie!

Josh Dysart said...

That was you I ran with last week? No way!