Thursday, November 09, 2006

High Five

Well Fans, I'm getting ready to head to Chicago for the weekend to see friends from college. I have a slight problem with always cutting it a little too close on my airport arrival times, so i'm jetting out of work shortly to beat the traffic.

it's been a kinda crazy week in katieland, i enjoyed catching up with friends at dinner on Tuesday night, then we went to see Borat. hilarious. that's all, just go see it for yourself.

surprisingly, i've been doing really great at going to the gym in the mornings. i managed to do it 3 out of 4 days this week. and honestly, i would've made it 4 out of 5 if i wouldn't be going on vacation. and once again, i chose to run a 4 and 2 miler on the treadmill. i think i like it because it gets my metabolism nice and fired up in the morning.

i've also acquired myself somewhat of a personal running coach. my roommate Catherine and I have set up a nice deal where i run, and she bikes alongside me (or behind me, or wherever she needs to be to shield me from traffic). We usually try to do it once a week, and last night we did a 4 miler. It really helps to have someone whizzing along, nipping at your heels and trying to hold a conversation with. Pretty much after mile 3, she's only allowed to ask me Yes/No questions. Even though i was dead tired at the end, i managed to hold a 8:10 pace on the hilly route.

that's all the time we have for now, i'm off to the windy city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for clarifying why it's called the Windy City...