Tuesday, October 31, 2006

i like lists.

Happy Halloween, trick-or-treaters.

I'm not actually celebrating it much this year (aside from eating some goodies), due to several reasons:
1. i went home to see my parents this past weekend while holiday festivities were in full force around here. (sadly, i had to miss out on the TNT pub crawl)
2. i found a dead woodpecker on my Magic 8 Ball costume from last year (long story), and i loaned it to a friend (she didn't seem to mind).
3. there's no way i can top my friend Dustin's costume, i mean, Teen Wolf's outfit:




In running (also currently known as 'non-running') news, i've decided not to do the Gobbler Grind half marathon on Nov. 19th. I have my reasons, so don't call me a wuss:
1. i looked at the course map and although it's mostly on the trail we do our training runs on, i don't think i want to run that for a race.
2. i'm searching for a late winter/early spring half or full to aim for.
3. i've missed my past 2 long distance runs due to:
---- 3a. trip to Dallas
---- 3b. too many martinis at work last friday
4. i'm considering doing the 5K or volunteering, which is just as noteworthy as the 'thons.
5. my friend josh offered me a ticket to the Chiefs vs. Raiders game that same day. I've only been to 1 preseason Chiefs game before, so for me to pass that offer up would just be silly. I have 12 days to make my decision, but i'm 99% sure the half is not happening.

One last bit of absolutely exciting news, my friend Courtney (TNT San Diego alum & all-around cool gal) won an Emmy this past weekend for Best Morning Newscast as the exec producer of KCTV 5's More in the Morning show. AN EMMY!!!! i'm officially friends with an Emmy award winning producer. congrats, courtney!!

2 comments:

Josh Dysart said...

I remember those cubes!

Kevin said...

skip the half and tailgate w/ me and friends at the chief's-raiders game. It'll be more fun!