Thursday, September 28, 2006

A letter to my shinemies enemies

Dear shins,
You're mean. Just plain mean. You are my nemesis. Nemesises. Nemesiseses. whatever.

I looked it up in the dictionary, and the correct plural form is nemeses:
nem·e·ses - noun [nem-uh-seez]
1. something that a person cannot conquer.
2. one that inflicts retribution or vengeance.
3. a source of harm or ruin.
(and yep, they sure hit the nail on the head with that definition.)

Why must you tease me like you do? You have GOT to be the moodiest beings around! You are 100 times worse than a PMSing female deprived of chocolate. One day you are my friend, letting me enjoy my running and making me feel like i am a superstar. But, you deceiving things...the next day you treat me like i am your enemy. You make me wince in pain, cause me to wish i weren't running, and make me feel like a broken down wagon.

You really are my nemeses, just when i am convinced that i have conquered you, you come back with a vengeance and ruin my fun.

I've tried to fight you off, i've covered you in ice, i've knocked you out with painkillers, i've slathered you with Biofreeze. But you won't stop, you won't back down. You won't let me just run.

That's all i ask of you. Just let me run. Let me be alone with my running shoes. It's really not necessary for you to come along for the ride. You're like an annoying backseat driver who won't shut up and plays country music non-stop for the entire cross country road trip and just talks incessantly and blah-di-blah blah blah.... Aarrrrgh!

Just enjoy the ride. How hard can that be? One of these days you're going to realize that i'm not backing down from you. I will defeat you. I'll keep running. I'll fight through the pain. I'll put myself back on crutches again if that's what it takes.

So this is your written warning. I'm giving you a chance to back down quietly without a fight. I'm offering you a 'Get out of Jail Free' card.

Just take this offer and run with it.

Sincerely,
your FRIEND katie

2 comments:

kaddie said...

writing letters to body parts is cool! (and normal too, by the way.)

Josh Dysart said...

I think you should kick them in the shins. Oh wait ...