Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Best 5 Ever

I just HAVE to blog about my latest run before i forget the details. Tuesday night i did an 8 mile bike ride and then set out on a 4 mile run. The weather was perfect that evening, the sun was starting to set, and the 68 degree temp felt like fall had finally arrived. I headed down the hill and knew it would be a good run, my shins weren't hurting AT ALL. No pain, no restrain. I picked up the pace and ran on the grass and street as much as the traffic allowed. I've learned that sidewalks are not a force to be reckoned with for me.

I don't know if it was the awesome weather, or the primarily grass running, but when i got to my 2 mile turnaround point I didn't stop. I just kept running. I had no hurry to be back home, so i figured i might as well enjoy the run. I ran through a park where there were little league football teams playing and families out for a stroll and it just made me happy. I just kept running.

And when i say 'running', i mean it.

I was bookin' along at an avg 8:20 pace. I was pretty impressed with myself, considering i still had at least 2 miles left to run. I decided at that point that i would make it a 5 mile run instead of 4, so i turned around at 2.5 and headed back home. 21:40 and i was feeling great, like i could keep running all night.

Please, please let me feel this great for the KC half marathon. Oh, that would be awesome.

I even picked up the pace slightly on my way back and finished one of the best runs i've had in a long, long time. Actually, that was THE BEST 5 mile run i've ever had.

5 miles.......40:55.....8:12 avg pace.

I biked a speedy, hilly 11 miles last night and plan on a 4 mile run tonight, and hopefully i can do a little something tomorrow morning since i won't have time after work. why? because my awesome bf is arriving tomorrow!!!!! i can't wait.

2 comments:

a.maria said...

damn gina! well done you! must be something in the air, i've been running lightning fast (um. a slow lightnin bolt compared to yours. but still) this week too. the weather's been amazing.

have fun with BF!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Holy Cannoli! Share that mojo with me...way to go, lady!!!!!