Thursday, June 12, 2008

Weather wonders

It's June here, and when the rest of the country seems to be sweating their way through summer temps, us Seattleites have been pulling out our already-boxed-up-until-next-winter sweaters and finding ways to convince ourselves the sun will come out tomorrow. or the next day. or the next. or maybe in July.

I was on my lunch break, sitting on a bench reading a book when a strange light shone down on me, creating an odd warming sensation on my head. It seems so long since I've felt this presence, it took me several seconds to realize....the SUN!

The sun is out and it's a good day in Seattle.


On a less sunny note....my alma mater was hit by a tornado last night. The city (ok, more like 'large town') of Manhattan, Kansas, and the Kansas State University campus suffered an extensive blow. Storm damage on campus alone is believed to excede $20 million.


from wibw.com


I'm thankful that it is summer semester and not as many students are in town, but looking at the pictures I have seen posted online, I can only be saddened that the place I called home for 4 (and 1/2) years is now in shambles. While they're resilient and they'll rebuild, I'm sure thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. And if you'd like to help with a donation: K-State Tornado Relief

No comments: