Thursday, June 05, 2008

Numbers

100.

100 days. Yesterday marked 100 days until our wedding. While I’m not yet freaking out, I am much more aware of all the overwhelming things I need to do in 100 days. Well, 99 days now. and counting. Oh goodness.

26.

Shout out to J-Gib, my Gemini twin. Today is her 26th birthday. Saturday is my 26th birthday. Two years ago we celebrated our ‘Sweet Sixteen and a half’ birthdays together. I think everyone, except for the two of us, was confused as to why we called it that. Uh…16+(1/2 of 16)=24. We thought it was clever.


I was on crutches and painkillers as a result of my marathon shin fracture debacle, but I’ll always cherish that birthday. Hopping around like a disabled princess, yet surrounded by friends.


10

10 hours of driving in Todd's car is not comfortable. I felt like a crumpled up piece of paper by the time I got out of the car. We made a 'quick' 5-hour drive to Idaho for his Uncle Ken's memorial service and had to turn around and get back to Seattle without much time to rest. But I'm glad we went, I only met Ken two years ago, but there was never a dull moment when in his presence. We'll miss Uncle Ken and his great sense of humor (and homemade wine). It helped me reflect on my own friends and family who've left us all too early, but as someone perfectly stated it yesterday, we experience these hardships so that we can come to know God and appreciate the life he's blessed us with. Amen to that.

Todd bought me 2 pounds of cherries, 3 pounds of apricots, 1 cantaloupe, 5 apples and 1 bundle of asparagus at one of the roadside fruitstands that dot the landscape in Middle-Washington. I should do something great and make a pie or cobbler, but likely will just end up snacking on them and giving myself a tummyache. Totally worth it!

1 comment:

LW said...

Yea for birthdays and weddings. Happy wishes on both! And, I can see why you're marrying the groom. That's an awesome bounty of produce! :)