Friday, May 16, 2008

new kicks

Behold, my shiny new Adrenalines.

I took them for their first run last night and I have no complaints. They felt great, looked great, and had the right amount of support and cushioning. While my heel didn't give me any problems, my knee did start hurting after two miles, I think that's just because I took some time off and probably should've done a shorter, slower run. But it was so gorgeous out so I wanted to get in at least a three mile run. And I was kinda crunched for time so I had to run faster. This is somewhat logical thinking, right?

I ran to Gas Works park via Eastlake/Burke Gilman trail. Lots of people were out running, playing frisbee, taking engagement photos, flying kites, doing some weird trapeze artistry.......

It's my favorite park in Seattle, set on a hill at the north end of Lake Union where there used to be a gas manufacturing plant. With a picturesque view of downtown, its a great place to watch the sailboats and seaplanes come and go.



I stopped there briefly to enjoy the view, then looped back to Trader Joe's to conclude my 'grocery run', where I discovered a new favorite treat— the Pinachio cookie, made with pistachios and white chocolate chunks. MMMMmm!

Tomorrow is the Seattle Cheese Festival, we're hoping to meet up with some friends and partake in some yummy cheese and wine.

No comments: