Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cheese & Cat

There comes a point in one person’s life when they can’t possible eat any more cheese.

This happened to me Saturday at the Cheese Festival. But what was I to do? There was a plethora of cheese for the sampling....bleus, feta, cheddar, goat, brie, camembert, chevre, gouda, fontina, mozzarella, stilton, swiss....ah, the list could go on and on, and those are just the more common names I remember ingesting. I can’t even remember what my favorite one was called, because I was herded on to the next cheese station before I could take note.

The downside of the Cheese Festival
1. Hordes of people packed together scrounging for free cheese in the 85 degree heat. Sweaty claustrophia.
2. My stomach couldn’t even make it through two tents. I missed out on at least 4 others.
3. Sunburn. Red. Pain.

The upside of the Cheese Festival
1. Mmmm....cheese.
2. Enjoying the vibrant Seattle culinary scene with Todd, Aubrey & Ryan.
3. Pike Place Market on a sunny day is one of my favorite places to be.

Despite our gluttony on cheese, we still made a dessert stop at our favorite cheesecake shop, The Confectional. I restrained myself from a yummy individual cheesecake and had a delicious caramel cheesecake truffle instead. I convinced myself (fairly easily) that the entire day's cheese overload was deserved after my morning 5-mile run.

My best friend Catherine is coming today for a six day visit! I’m so excited and I don’t want to be stuck at work right now, but at least I have a four day weekend to spend with her. I’m not sure what all we’ll do in addition to the touristy stuff, but there’s sure to be sushi and wine and a wedding dress fitting and a jog or two along the lake together.

No comments: