Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My new favorite thing

I went to REI last night to buy Todd a new Nalgene water bottle since he's on a 'no soda' rule and I thought I'd make it easy on him so he could keep one at home and one at work. While there, I found my new favorite thing.

Introducing......my SIGG.


(only mine has the twist top, not the cap top)

SIGGs have many appeals, including:

1. The aluminum design is eco-friendly and doesn't leave a 'plasticy' taste. In fact, I think it makes the tap water taste better (that's probably all in my head though). And with recent studies claiming that plastic bottles can potentially leak toxins into their contents, I figure I'll do my best to avoid that risk.

2. Very cool graphic art exteriors and various lids to choose from.
(here are just a few)


3. They're made in Switzerland, and I'M made in Switzerland! Ok, technically, I wasn't MADE in Switzerland, but my maternal ancestors were, which makes me 1/2 Swiss.
I love all things Swiss...Swiss Cheese, Swiss Chocolate, Swiss Army knives, Swiss watches, Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa (although this isn't actually made by the Swiss, it's made by Nebraskans). And most importantly, the Swiss' neutrality during World Wars. Gotta respect that.

This is where I segue into my lifelong dream to travel to Switzerland....ever since I was little and my grandparents would talk about their ancestral land, I've wanted to go there and stay at a chalet and eat cheese and chocolate and play an alpenhorn while frolicking in the Alps in some lederhosen with my hair braided like Heidi. Someday, somehow I'll fulfill that dream. And I'll be sure to have my trusty SIGG by my side.

No comments: