Wednesday, January 23, 2008

sushi to the rescue

Todd joined me on my Saturday run for about 1/2 mile. It was nice having him run along and he even mentioned running again so at least he doesn't hate it. I ended up going 4 miles along Lake Union and then spent most of the weekend just bumming around.

I didn't come to any decision on a spring marathon. I actually didn't do any thinking about that. I had a proposition to move to a different department at work so i spent quite a bit of time stressing about that, which did nothing to ease the pain of a lump on my neck, so i spent quite a bit of time stressing about that also, which just made last weekend uber stressy.

(I ended up deciding to stay at my current position and have a doctor appointment next week to check on my neck. It's been feeling much better today and the swelling has gone down, but I think its best to be safe.)

After a dismal start to my week, Todd showed up at my work with a bouquet of pretty pink tulips and then took me out to eat at I Love Sushi. It was a fantastic surprise and made my day five bazillion times better.

I hadn't been out for sushi since being back in KC in September. (weird, right? considering Seattle is more of a sushi hotspot than KC) I used to go out for sushi with my roommate Catherine several times a month, but Todd doesn't like sushi so my consumption here has been practically nonexistent. I've been having sushi withdrawal, so this was just what I needed to cheer me up.

I ate and ate and ate until my belly almost burst....mmmmmMMM!

1 comment:

Rich said...

Hi, I stumbled onto your blog after I registered mine with Complete Running. Then I discovered a couple of coincidences:

- I travel quite a bit for work, but seldom to Seattle. The last time was probably 2002 or 2003. I was there for 4 days, and for 3 nights ... I ate at ... I Love Sushi! I think it's the same place? It was in some diner looking thing. Anyway, I thought it was better than any other fancy sushi place.

- I read your post about White Rock, and I ran that in 2006! That was a great time in your half. Sorry about the weather. My company sponsored a water station and I was going to volunteer, but couldn't drag myself out of bed.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your posts!