Thursday, January 17, 2008

my start to 2008

Once again, it's been awhile since i've posted a blog update. But in my defense, I did have something typed up on Jan 2, I just never published it. And now, it doesn't make much sense to use it, so i deleted it and am starting anew. So my first blog of 2008.....

I've taken a couple weeks to relax from running and have only ran a couple miles once or twice a week whenever it's convenient for me. I feel kinda weird doing that now, being that it's that time of year when everybody and their dog makes a New Year's resolution to start exercising more and lose weight. And here I am, purposely slacking off. But after my (nearly) back-to-back half marathons last month, I felt I owed my body some time to be lazy.

While it's been somewhat nice not feeling obligated to work out, I'm raring to get back into a more structured running schedule and focus on a spring race (or two). I'm thinking about running Whidbey Island in April or Eugene, Oregon in May. I just need to decide if I'm going to stick with the half marathon, or finally take the extra step *pun intended* and do a full marathon.

I have a big weekend ahead, full of decision making....about marathons, about my job future...oh and Todd has offered to run with me for a 1/2 mile on my Saturday morning run. This is HUGE, and i'm really excited that he's willing to share in my enjoyment of running. Whether or not HE enjoys it, well, that's still to be determined.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all your decision making. I know I sometimes think my best when running.