Friday, February 01, 2008

Split second decision

I told myself that come Feb 1st, I would start training for a half marathon (MAYBE a full marathon). And prior to ten mintues ago, I'd put about zero thought into what race I would aim for. So being that today is Feb 1st, I said "hey girl, you make a decision. You make a decision before you leave work today. Or else..."

Not sure what the 'or else' entails, but I obeyed my own orders and have decided...DUM DUM DUM....

Eugene, here I come!

May 4th. That's a good three months away, so if I'm really feeling ambitious and confident that my legs will not fail me, perhaps I'll aim for the full marathon. No promises though, that's not something I can decide before I leave work today. Because I'm leaving now, so everyone have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to make a decision! I think a race in May will give you motivation to keep up with your workouts and also enough time to train for either a half or full.

mouse said...

DON'T YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE YOU WANT TO TELL YOUR ADORING FANS????

:)

Unknown said...

Katie, great blog and go for the marathon. I want to see if you want to beta test a new running site I created. I think you will like it. Should only take 15-25 minutes on sign up and then it is up to you as far as how much time you want to spend with it. Let me know - no pressure. Good luck with the "Marathon".