Friday, August 03, 2007

Purple Dinner

Last night was the inaugural Thursday Night Dinner Club.
ok, so I just came up with that name myself and haven't verified it with the other members. Todd met Ryan at Microsoft and over the past year whenever I came out to visit, I got to know Ryan and his wife Aubrey better. I really like them and it's helped make my transition to Seattle much easier having them around.
Anyway, this week's restaurant of choice was Purple Cafe & Wine Bar.

Purple has 3 locations in the Seattle area: Downtown Seattle, Woodinville, and Kirkland. We chose the Kirkland location, which had a nice patio outside to enjoy the cool evening.

Ryan perused the wine book and selected a bottle of Troken Riesling and baked brie appetizer to share. I need to figure out how to make it at home, because it was oh, so delicious, as was my blackened salmon sandwich with mango chutney. Purple has an extensive wine selection, and you can get cheese and wine flights too. The downtown location has a tasting bar, to sample multiple appetizers for cheaper prices, which i'd like to check out sometime.

I'm on the lookout now for next week's dinner location. It's probably going to be a more casual (ie: cheaper) dining spot.

I'm super excited for this weekend though, because do you know what movie comes out? I think we're planning on going to see it tomorrow. Matt Damon is a stud.

No comments: