Thursday, April 05, 2007

Greener pastures

A pleasant surprise after the half marathon

1st place in my age group!! I definitely wasn't expecting that, but my confidence sure is boosted because of it.

So today is my last day here at GlynnDevins Marketing. I'm a wee bit sad to leave some of my co-workers who've become my close friends over the past two years. But the joy of leaving this job that I have disliked for so long FAR outweighs any sadness. And I'm excited to just work at Starbucks and hang out with family and friends during this intermittent time before I move to Seattle.

It's definitely overdue that I leave here, I feel like I lost a lot of my intelligence and ambition while I worked here. Although, I do have to note that this is the place I met Josh, who has played a most integral role in my running life. So for that, I am happy. But lately, everytime I sit down at my desk, my head starts pounding, my eyes get spotty, and I get dizzy. This place is making me sick.

Time to move on to greener pastures.

Is it happy hour time yet?!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to update your race times on the right! :)

Josh Dysart said...

finally!!! congratulations, katie. i know i keep saying this, but don't forget us kansans when you move.

and thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

look at you running faster than 20 and 23 year olds! nice work friend.

Ben, aka BadBen said...

You'll do well in Seattle. It has a lot to offer, and the running community is great, there.

Happy trails,

Bad Ben
Ex-Washingtonian

Iron Jayhawk said...

Most excellent job in the half. That's awesome. :)

Can't wait to hear all about your adventures on the west coast!