Monday, March 26, 2007

woe is me.

sleep is definitely NOT overrated.

i can get by with 5 or 6 hours of sleep. i cannot get by with 3 hours of sleep. especially if i have to run the next morning.

such was the case this past friday night. i worked at Starbucks until midnight, then I went home to find a party at my house with loud people, loud music, and no chance at all of getting any good sleep. i knew of this party happening beforehand, so it wasn't just a random surprise, but combine that with being woke up a couple hours later by the bar-goers, it just once more reinforced my desire to live by myself. roommate-free.

i am a person who needs space.
i need quiet time.
i need my sleep. even if it's only the average 6 hours i get on a regular weekday.

i managed to drag myself out of bed at 5:15, planning on running 10 miles. i was struggling to run 8. it was a very non-energetic, non-pleasant run, and very humid.

i guess it was fine i only ran 8 though, since the Olathe half marathon is this saturday, so i was actually on schedule for 'tapering'. but still.....sleeeeeeeeep. good sleep would've been nice.

the weather has been so nice (despite the humidity and gusty winds) so yesterday i decided to dust off my bike and take it for a spring spin. i rode 4 miles from my house, where i hopped on the Indian/Tomahawk Creek trails and biked on them for 15 miles before riding the 4 miles back home.

23 miles total. and a very sore bum today.

here's some pics i took during my ride.
me and my awesome helmet head and a springy creekside pic of my $15 bike:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I elect you as "woman of the year". The best I can do is run out on the porch to get my morning paper!

mouse said...

I just moved this past month and I swear that I am never having another roommate again, ever. living by myself is like, the BEST! THING! EVER!

Josh Dysart said...

That is impressive. I'd have stayed in bed. I usually do.