Wednesday, March 07, 2007

All By Myself

i missed the team run on saturday morning because i was still in Mississippi. And since i had the Olathe Half Marathon coming up in 4 weeks, i knew i needed to get my mileage in. It was supposed to be an 'easy' day of just 6 miles, so i wasn't too dreadful of having to run by myself.

i decided to take advantage of the nice warm(er) spring weather on sunday afternoon and do my 6 miler. i ran my usual path down Mission Road to 71st St, but decided to mix it up a bit and run ALL THE WAY to Missouri. (ok, it's really not that impressive since i live less than a mile from the Kansas/Missouri border). But for no apparent reason, I always run on the Kansas side. Not today.

I was feeling good. I think I'll run 8 miles instead of six.

I ran down Ward Parkway and i kept going. and going. and going. Until suddenly i was at 51st Street on the edge of the Plaza and had no more sidewalk and too much traffic to run on the street. i turned around and headed back. I would've finished at 10 miles if i went straight home, but the weather was so nice and i didn't want to stop so i ran around the Mission Hills area a couple more miles.

12 miles. ALL BY MYSELF.

actually i think it was more like 12.5, but who's counting? (i am)

I'm totally good-to-go for the Olathe Half, and i ran 6 miles last night down the same route. It's a hillier route than i normally run, but i think i like it. Just as our high school cross country mantra said: Hills are our friends.

My trip to Mississippi was fabulous, hopefully i'll get around to writing a recap of that sometime soon.

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

DAMN GIRL! That's fantastic. Way to go. :)

Except now...I'm going to be singing that song ALL.DAY.LONG. and thinking of Bridgit Jones' Diary.

Alllllllllll byyyyyyyyyyyyyy myyyyyyyyyyyyyyseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelf. :)

Anonymous said...

i was all by myself.
no one was looking.
i was thinking of you.

you know that extra song (part of f.o.d.)sydn on the dookie album? yeah, that's a funny song.