Monday, January 08, 2007

my first 2007 post

And I'm back!! (for the two or so people who were concerned about my whereabouts)

I took an unplanned, yet very much needed blogging sabbatical while I ran through the holidays, attempted to organize my life, and ponder what lies ahead in the wonderful year of 2007. While 2006 was one of my best years (i might even go out on a limb and say it was THE best year), i'm hopeful that this coming year will be just as great, if not better.

And to kick off the running year, my company is a sponsor of the Groundhog Run on the 28th, so that means i have a free ticket to run. I was debating over whether to play it safe with the 5K, or run my first ever 10K in the above avg. temperature, claustrophobia, and noise of a completely underground run.

And I, being so easily persuaded by fellow runners, let Josh convince me that the 5K was (not his exact words) wimpy. So, a 10K it is. And the underground-ness of it all makes me both excited and apprehensive. Six miles is no problem at all, but i don't have any prior 10K finish times to go off of, so during my 8 miler on Saturday, i focused on figuring out my 10K pace. I think I'll shoot for 53:00.

I don't really have any new year's resolutions, just some new plans for the new year. Perhaps i'll blog those later, but for now i need to finish doing my laundry so i can pack and fly myself away to Seattle on Wednesday. Yipeeeee!

1 comment:

Josh Dysart said...

Six miles of underground running ... smelly underground running!! Wooo whoooo!