Saturday, June 03, 2006

Rock 'n' Roll San Diego, Here I go....

It's almost here!!!! In about 9 hours, i will start running the most exciting and scariest race of my life. I'm feeling very optimistic about it, even though my leg is still being a bother. But i'm going to look past that and enjoy the entire experience. The people, the music, the challenge, the extreme excitement of running my first marathon.


Tonight we had the TNT pasta party and it was SO inspiring to see over six thousand participants, coaches, and honored patients. And it reminded me of just what I am running 26.2 miles for. I know that no matter how much pain i may be going through tomorrow, that is nothing is comparison to what cancer patients and their families go through. So i'm running this for all of them. But mostly in honor of Brita. And in loving memory of Aunt Dana and Grandma Strahm.


i've been reading through all the encouraging letters and emails i've recieved throughout my training and they make me want to go out there and run, run, run.


This isn't going to be easy. I know that. But this isn't going to so hard that i can't finish it. It's going to be the most amazing experience of my life. so far.


my 3:30 am wake-up time is getting closer, so i head to bed with this as my inspiration:
'I can do all things through Him who strengthens me' Phillipians 4:13

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been thinking of you today. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Iron Jayhawk said...

How'd you do!?!

Josh Dysart said...

No. Go you!