Friday, May 12, 2006

Bad blogger

ahhhh, i'm a bad blogger. nearly two weeks, no blogging from me. whoopsie.

but i'm gonna try to keep this blog short. 22 miles tomorrow. need rest. i need to give these legs as much rest as i can. ever since my 8 mile run last saturday, the right shin has just been aggravating me. and it probably wasn't too smart of me to run on some sidewalks on tuesday. i really had no choice though, unless i wanted to play chicken with a car. and i have too much good stuff going on right now to do that. but those stupid sidewalks .... i might as well beat my shins with iron pipes. so, i tried to correct this problem by running on the grass instead. and here's another gripe. people, people. Puh-lease keep your lawns mowed. do you know how much harder my legs have to work to trudge through your lawn forest? my legs were 110% exhausted after that. so, i took thursday off from running with the hope that my legs will be good and ready for the 22 miles tomorrow. oh, i can't even think what i'm going to feel like after that. i'm a little scared for the whole adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll do fine tomorrow -- and you always have the ice bath to "look forward" to. I still think you're crazy with those.

a.maria said...

woman, you were flying past me around mile 13 (or was it 14? 15? i have no idea. it was up a hill though!) ... you were lookin' awesome!

well done!