Thursday, March 02, 2006

And the winner is.....the little runner girl!

Set the alarm for 5:50 so I could get myself up and run since there will be no time after work tonight due to a much anticipated concert. (WOOT!) Not that 5:50 is anything new to me, because that's when I've been getting up on Saturdays to go run with the group. But it's so much harder to actually get up when nobody is expecting you to be there. Hence, the heated argument my mind had with my body as I lay in bed. My mind is very conniving and tricky when it comes to situations like this, telling me to enjoy the comfort and warmth of my bed and just make today a rest day. And my mind had me convinced for about 20 minutes that it was right. Of course I deserve to sleep some more, I've been working out really hard for the past 10 days, I need a rest day. But then, that little runner girl inside of me started complaining about how angry she would be on saturday for the 12 mile run if I didn't run today. It's a good thing the little runner girl is stronger than my mind, I really enjoyed my 25:30, 3 mile run as the sun came up and the birds began to sing. The only problem is that running 7.5 miles on concrete this week is slightly making my shins upset. But they're just going to have to learn how to deal cause I'm not too keen on treadmill runs when it's springtime in Kansas. This saturday morning run starts at 6:00 am, so let's hope my mind is still sleeping when the alarm goes off at 5:00....

3 comments:

walchka said...

Nice job on getting out of bed and making your pre-work workout. I tried to make it this morning, but I didn't it just wasn't happening.

toadgee said...

Hahahaha you said WOOT. Anyways, good just getting up, have fun getting up tomorrow, for sure. It'll be like 3am on this side of the country when you awake.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Sunshine - Good job with keeping up on the blog and updating stuff - ha ha ha!! Just letting you know that I am keeping up with you and can't wait till you cross that finish line in San Diego!!