Monday, March 06, 2006

Puddle hopping and GU popping

Saturday's 6 a.m. 12 miler went much better than I'd anticipated. I've always enjoyed running in the rain, so that just made me all the more excited as I drove to the park in the light drizzle. And I don't know what the starting temp was but I was getting warm after the first 2 mile out-and-back so when we came back to rehydrate I put my gloves in the car and switched to a lighterweight jacket. I had my first experience with GU at mile 5. Wasn't quite sure what to expect from the packet of oozy energy gel. I'm not gonna lie, the Espresso Love was rather tasty, I think I've found a new favorite running treat. The rain gradually came down harder and colder as the miles added up and even though I was angry at myself for not wearing gloves, the run felt really great. Popped another GU at mile 9, and by the time 12 miles were up, I didn't really want to stop. That's a good sign, considering I had just run 46% of a marathon. Way to go, ME!
Total mileage this past week.....19.5 miles
Fundraising total......$1723.10 or something like that

3 comments:

KT said...

I favor the Orange Outburst and Tri-Berry GUs myself...

Way to nail the 12-miler!

walchka said...

Can't say that I've tried the Espresso. Like KT my fav is Tri Berry. Nice job on your 12 miler!

a.maria said...

whooooa, how did i not realize there was another RBF'er out there in such close proximity?!?!?!!!!

nuts!

well, great job on the run.. and i guess i'll keep my eye out for ya from now on!

(are you doing the westport st. pat's 4 miler this coming saturday?! or brew to brew.. or... um.. anything?!)
;)