Monday, December 03, 2007

rain, rain, go away

Up until this past weekend I was beginning to doubt those who say Seattle has a wet winter. November was a relatively dry month and more than once I made the comment- "I was expecting Seattle to be much more rainy".

I eat my words.

Saturday brought a few inches of snow, but Sunday's rain and warmer temps washed it all away. I guess it just decided to keep on raining. And raining. And raining...... Over 3 inches of rain have fallen since midnight creating mudslides and widespread flooding.

I guess on days like this, I'm especially thankful that I ride the bus*.



*I should probably note that I waited 30 minutes for my bus this morning, only to find out that it had flooded driving through a tunnel before my stop, I got splashed by a tidal wave from a car driving by, and my jeans still haven't thoroughly dried, and my umbrella is so wimpy I have to keep it opened up with one hand.

It's probably time I get myself a pair of rain boots.

No comments: