Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'll be an icicle

I've been finding that one of the more difficult parts of this training is obeying the scheduled mileage. I'm not used to limiting myself to 2 or 3 mile runs during the week, so it takes some effort for me to make myself cool down when I feel like i've just warmed up. But I have found pure enjoyment in hopping on the treadmill to see just how fast I can run the shorter distances. Last night's 3 mile run felt great at 24:15, but I'd like to get that down to 22:30. And in a not-so-hot weather report this morning, I found out that saturday morning temps will be around TWO degrees. that should make for an absolutely spectacular 10 miles! The past two saturdays have been cold, even snowy, but overall pleasant for running. Like I told Josh, I'm really not too thrilled about running when the wind chill is less than my age. Not cool, mother nature, not cool.

No comments: