Monday, January 30, 2006

Fundraising, Florida & February

I've had several requests to post my fundraising link so until i become more tech-savvy, you can click on 'donate to the cause' on the right hand side of my blog. Our Team in Training kickoff meeting is tomorrow, so my fundraising will get a kickstart from there.
I spent several days last week just chilling in Orlando and Cocoa Beach, and although it could've been much much warmer, i was able to enjoy a delightful 4.5 mile run on the beach. During this time i quickly learned three important things.
1. Do not step on the turquoise jellyfish pod looking things. they stink when they pop.
2. Running on sand makes my calves and hamstrings burn.
3. I live hundreds of miles from any ocean, and this needs to be fixed.

With February just around the corner, i'm really looking forward to the start of our early saturday a.m. runs & becoming a stranger to friday nights out on the town. But hey, it's all for a great cause so i can deal with it. Last week's mileage: 16 miles. 124 days until San Diego.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you like running on the sand? It seems like it would be very difficult.

How is Team in Training so far? I thought about it but thought it might be too much begging for cash. I will look for your donation link to come.

Anonymous said...

i agree with number 3. california is calling your name!