Sunday, November 06, 2005

the mind wanders....when i'm running, it's just me, myself and my music. i've realized that running 26 miles without my ipod is going to be a challenge for me. even running 13 miles sans music will be a struggle. i should probably work on weaning myself away from the tunes, but it's just not as much fun running without the beats. many times, they're what keep me moving as i struggle up a hill or am running out of energy at the end of a run. here's what's on my 'RunninOn' playlist this month:
At the Stars- better than ezra
Leaving Town- dexter freebish
do you remember- earth wind & fire
josie- outfield
hold me now- polyphonic spree
jesus walks- kanye west
sugar magnolia- grateful dead
sweet marie- the anniversary
not the same- ben folds
daylight- better than ezra
all these things that i've done- the killers
my doorbell- white stripes
hollow- better than ezra
take your mama out- scissor sisters
jesusland- ben folds
well, i decided to hit the track this past week, which i haven't done since high school. Running in circles brought back a lot of memories and since i haven't been measuring my runs by distance, i wasn't quite sure what to expect. I ran 8 laps in 17:32, which i was pretty happy with and i gave myself a new goal to get my 2-mile time down to 13:00. just for the fun of it. so, figuring i run a little slower than an 8:45 mile when i run on the streets, i ran about 9 miles this week. could be more, could be less. shin pain is hovering around a 4.8, up a little bit from last week. i guess i'll be bringing back my long lost friends, mr. icy hot and ms. advil.

No comments: