Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oy, Eighteen.

yeah, so about that......i think it drained my blogging energy. i really couldn't think of much else to tell about other than- yeah, i ran 18 miles. So, I've finally gotten around to posting a new blog. My shins and hip were being very stubborn the first 3 miles, but I gave them a pep talk and told them that they still had 15 miles to go, so they might as well stop complaining. The rest of the run felt great, and i was just on a mission to finish as soon as possible so I could drive home for Easter. Post-run, I stopped at the grocery store and bought $7 worth of ice and I got some weird looks from the early morning elderly shoppers. They were probably thinking, That girl must be having a party. And, on Easter weekend? What is this world coming to? If only they knew that i was going home to sit in all that ice and actually enjoy it. It was great to go home and spend time with my family and hear their words of encouragement and awe for my training, but really it's them that should be applauded for helping me get to where I am today. so thanks, guys. And another BIG THANKS to everyone who has donated. I can't express how much it means to me to have your support and I'm floored by your generosity. Although, there are still some of you who haven't donated....you know who you are. I'll be hunting you down.

I finally got my pictures back from St. Louis, and let me just say that it doesn't work too great to take pictures while running. I did manage to get a few decent ones though.



No comments: