Thursday, December 01, 2005

ok, ok, so i've been neglecting my blog the past week and a half. but no need to worry, i have not been neglecting my running. as if anyone is concerned about that....well someone should be, because one of these days i'm going to wonder why i decided to take this journey and really start questioning my sanity. and when that happens, when my logical left brain takes over my emotional right brain, someone will be needed to psychologically smack me upside the head. but until then, i will do better at blogging. i got me some new kicks last week since my old running shoes were probably, correction: definitely, about to turn 2 years old. 2 year old tennies, not too good for the shinnies. I broke in the new shoes over Thanksgiving when i went back home to my parent's farm. I gotta tell you, there's nothing quite like running on a pasture trail as the sun sets on a cold fall evening. good times, good times. our dog, skittles, used to make the run with me in high school, but he's pretty near death so my brother took his place one night. and that run ended with him sprinting home to get the car to come pick me up 1/2 mile down the road. anyway......
last week's mileage: 12 miles.......2 mile track time 17:15
this week's mileage so far: 10 miles......2 mile track time 16:20
days until San Diego: 184 days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job Miss Katie!! Keep on Truckin!! I'm so proud of you. Just make sure you always have some TP available.

Cat

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Good job, Katie.

TP is a good thing, especially on long runs. I was running through Mission Hills once, just east of PV Shopping Center off of Tomahawk, and I just couldn't make it back to PV in time. You know, when you gotta go, you gotta go.
I found some awesomely thick bushes in front of a 2-million dollar house. It worked out just fine (for me). I felt bad, but whatayado?